Hearst Corporation is an American media company. Hearst publishes popular magazines, such as Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Quote, Cosmopolitan and Esquire. The Europe head office is located in Amsterdam.
The Holding Accountant is responsible for maintaining the books and records of Hearst Holdings BV the parent company of Hearst’s print and digital businesses in Russia and Ukraine. Day to day bookkeeping activities include maintaining general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable relating to the activities of Hearst Media. The accountant is also in charge of the preparation of monthly reporting in accordance with group reporting requirements, preparation of statutory accounts and liaison with auditors, tax authority and banks.
Reports to the CFO of Hearst Media with a dotted line to the Controller International Business.
The company is situated in the city center of Amsterdam, in an energetic environment.
Tasks and responsibilities
- prepare annual financial statements, monthly files, year-end audit files
- monthly management reporting in accordance with group standards
- prepare annual financial statement and tax returns
- prepare year-end working papers for inspection by auditors
- day-to-day cash management and cash flow analysis
- ad hoc reporting
- act as a liaison with tax advisors, auditors, counsels and others.
- minimum Bachelor level of education (or well advanced in education)
- minimum of 3-6 years of experience
- excellent computer skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- knowledge of Exact Globe
- knowledge of Hyperion a plus
- good knowledge English and Dutch both written and spoken
- knowledge of Russian language is a plus
- able to work under pressure/meeting deadlines and set priorities
- high drive, accurate, hands-on mentality and proactive in communication.
- Young, dynamic organization
- Challenging and demanding position
Are you interested in this position? Contact:
Niels de Wit
T: (0348) 490 000